Sunday, June 21, 2009

well on my way.



so in the last week i finished up my last few days with shinys, and it was no fun to leave them. we played a show in winnipeg on my last night. i stayed up all night and got on a 6am flight to atlanta. i was met on my flight by two young ladies from winnipeg whom i was able to talk to for the duration of the flight. it is pretty rare that you end up talking to someone on a plane these days. they are either tired, grumpy or like me just have their headphones on. it was refreshing to meet two young professional people and talk about what we did for a living perspectively. they were on their way to florida for an event for their company, and i was on my way home to my apartment for 24 hours of rest in my very own bed.

i then got on an airplane on friday and flew to tampa, florida to meet up with some old friends who are new bosses. i went straight from the aiport to work in the heat. the band were rehearsing while i organized and obsessed about how to organize the equipment.

we went to sonnys bbq for dinner after a good long day of travel and work. then yesterday we left florida in a brand new bus.

we are currently in texas now, and it seems every year i get roped into doing warped tour it is with a group of guys that i end up having a blast with. the last two summers i have been with the bigger headlining acts on the main stage at warped tour, it is humbling to be doing that. as the months creep by in this business i find myself more and more lucky.

i wont be in california for 2 more days i dont imagine so i will have a little bit of time in los angeles. i hope i get to see some friends and have some of that lovely sushi they make there.

everyone in the shinys camp has made it known to me that they miss me and want to see me again out with them. i am glad i had the time with them that i had.
but this summer is looking like the best one yet, everyone is so excited and ready for this. i was able to stop and buy all my supplies for a comfortable and easy time this summer.

i am blogging at 70 miles an hour and i feel very much like that good times are coming just as fast.

i am blessed, busy and bustling but blessed.
come say hello to me this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment